Friday, November 26, 2010

My Love Is A Tree

My love is a tree
I’ve trained
Along a wall
She’s like one
I married
She doesn’t come
When I call
But when I come
To visit her
We have a sweet affair
I tidy her up in a bed
And she puts petals in my hair
In spring she brings me flowers
A soft blushing pink
And the dew drops
That fall from her eyes
Make me want to wink
And whisper her loving thoughts
As she sprays me with perfume
Lily of the valley, bergamot
And persian galbanum.
She Etherizes my senses
As she brings me to her embrace
To feel along her branching limbs
To feel her strength and grace
To feel how the wind moves within her
And the seasons change her dresses
Oh how she purrs like a putty cat
At my amorous caresses
But she has many suitors
That climb in beside her bed
The moth and caterpillar
And fungi her greatest dread
During day I am a jealous lover
And pick off what I can
And whisper softly to her
I am her only man
And wait until near summers end
When she’ll repay me full and all
For that is when the fruits she bears
Will ripen soft and fall
I’ll fondle under her dress of leaves
And gently touch her velvet fruit
And feel if the peachy fig is ripe
The moment now of truth
Wet lips will slowly kiss, its
Soft suede hairs on my tongue
Oh I ve waited long and hard for this
To harvest it from where it’s hung
She been there every day for me
And never once complained
Even when the frost was cold
Or when it rained and rained
But now she want me to taste her
And I’ve be patient all along
So I play some Leonard Coen
Or some romantic Ella song
I close my eyes and savor
The textures and her taste
And the sweet smell of nectar
Doesn’t go to waste
As quietly she opens and yields to me
I put her to my nose
And I peel away some skin
Just like a piece of clothes
Oh her inner beauty
Is a fig surprise to me
And I’am lost, I’am lost
At last I’am lost
In blissful
Ecstasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment