Friday, November 26, 2010

Me and my Muse


The purple foxglove flowers fished
For bumble and honey bee
I stood on the bank of words
And cast thoughts hopefully
Trying hard to catch a phrase
Or word, to shake my muse awake
But nothing nibbled my baited hooks
In that stagnant pool-green-lake
Weary trying I made for home
Satchel empty of verse and poem
No minnow word or sprat of prose
No line or verse or idea grows
Where have all the fishes gone
What’s polluted my inspiration?
Nothing,nothing could ease
My mind and sense of desperation.
Then I found your note
Written with spider weaving hand
“I am leaving you my darling
It’s hard to understand
My heart is not for another
I find it hard to say
I am not from your tribe or creed
But I loved you anyway.
Your parents never loved me
They made me feel
Unworthy of your care
Should have read the book of love
Said let the buyer beware.
Pretend it doesn’t hurt you say
I dont want to live a lie
And I dont want to hear you say
“Just give it another try”
Cos I’ve tried to make them like me
But its their silence that says it all
Please dont try to ring me
Chase me or even call
Forget, if you can forget
Cherish the memories
That we made
But they were sandcastles
Made with bucket and a spade
And so the tide will come
And wash those things away
And soon they will be hurled
Inside the silver ocean’s spray.
But we will live and love again
perhaps in a different way.
My hand was shaking
My head was in a spin
In The lake of learning
Fish were jumpin’ and
I felt like jumpin’ in
I scribbled words of pleading
Wrote down words of loss
I gambled all the words I had
In this poetic pitch and toss
I kissed your lips a thousand times
“leave me not alone”
for in the dying embers
Our love alone it shone.
I begged you in a 100 rhymes
Built with cadence rhythm care
But you didn’t like them much
And said they were a snare
I sung a ballad to you
With a romantic legato line
and wrapped the words around you
Like a garland of woodbine
In sonnet verse I set your beauty
In a Jewel of an amber glow
and if you left my heart would freeze
From cold loveless winds and snow
let my words wrap arms around you
In sonnet verse and poem
Come back my darling love
Dont leave me caged inside my home.
Oh the muse is wide awake
I wish it didn’t come this way
But may be the dragons words
Of love will call you back to stay
You’ll forget to shut taxi door
You’ll forget you never paid
Run up stairs to Kiss me
Say forget the things I said
And I will squeak like a children’s toy
My joy, my love, my muse
And ask you then to marry me
And hope you’ll not refuse.
So all you poets with broken hearts
With loves that refuse to mend
Whisper words into loving notes
It may not be the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment