Friday, November 26, 2010

The leaving of Jenny


We stand all alone
By the whispering sea
I take hold of your hand
And you take hold of me
We whisper goodbye
As the ships says hello
And we kiss fo the last time
Before we let go.
Your hair in the wind
It blows like the sail
But the west wind just sighs
While your loves like a gale
My ship its sails further
But it wont take me away
From Jenny lovely Jenny
Grá geal mo chroí
I’ll look for my riches
I’ll dig for the gold
I’ll work much harder
Carry each load
But I’ve already found fortune
When still I have you
When loves like a fire
Burning so true
Now your etched
In my memory
Your still in my mind
I am sorry I left you
So far behind
For I didn’t find fortune
I didn’t find Gold
I found nothing but lies
In the storys they told.
I’am crumpled out lonely man
Slugin’ wine in brown paper bags
Sleepin’ rough in cardboard city
Clothed in a smelly tatty rags
I Lost some of me teeth
and all of me hair
But the memory of m’ Jenny
Makes me never despair
My Life it seems
A wasteland
Now that I am old
But the memories
Shared together
I never have sold
And these failures
And these pains
I carry, are a hell
And the love
Seed we set
Is still unhatched
In it’s shell.
And so when they find me
Like a dead cat on on the street
And the bums search in me pockets
For a rattle, of coin to drink or t’ eat
May the vultures find feck-all
‘cept whats in pocket all of me life
Of her pleading with me
To send her the passage
and make her my wife.
But I never stop thinkin’
Or dreamin’ or tryin’
Never stopped killing the pain
Of leaving you cryin’
And so if by a miracle
Your handed this sad song
Bury it in the country of love
Where we danced and belonged.

No comments:

Post a Comment