Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A BELLY OF TROUBLE , A BUNDLE OF JOY.


A BELLY OF TROUBLE , A BUNDLE OF JOY.

Her Belly Bulged like Hawthorn Hill
Her navel was a Fairy Lios
And I, felt like a king
When I brought my queen a kiss
Inside us both unspoken joy
Was it a girl? or yes a boy.
God my hands were like a potters
Moulding the clay of flesh
When something stirred like a startled bird
SSSSh….....Listen ….........hush
Her fingers drawn across her lips
Life moved and kicked the wall
And in my thought in green and gold 
He was kicking out the ball
Or climbing up a tree
Calling “Hey dad, theres eggs inside this nest”
And I was shouting” come down quick.”
Still, I knew I was blessed.
At night I’d tell him stories when into bed they curled
The three little pigs and how God he made the world
He made it specially for the children, for girls and little boys
For we too are children that sneak playing with your toys.
But then again, it could be a girl
And I would still be her father
And I would love her just as much, for she would be my daughter.
Later on I’d tell her life was an ocean fraught with danger
And even if she was hungry “Dont take sweets from a strangers!”
I’ am sure, I’d catch her playing,
Putting lipstick on her lips
Curlers in her hair, with lacquer and all them clips
And high heels on her tiny feet and varnishing her toes
While dressing up in mothers dressing gown and clothes
She’d come running, crying “Daddy!”
When her doll would loose it’s head
I’d put it back together, and we’d put it back to bed
She’d have lots of friends to play with latter on some lad
And even if his hair swam to the ground
Somehow I’d be glad.
If he would bring her flowers 
Treat her with respect
But the world is always changing 
So what can we expect?
And so, I wish that they taste love
Overcome life’s hurts and pains
Taste a bit of Freedom
Not be shackled up in chains.
If they could keep an Innocence
A wonder, even as they grow old.
And know right from wrong
And do as they were told.
But when I look, inside the crib
I see Joseph, the child and Mary
And I wonder if these things crossed their minds
And was the future then just as scary.

By Tim Buckley

No comments:

Post a Comment