Sunday, December 5, 2010

Grace o Malley (Pirate Queen) Granuaile




Fair-well for now my Grainuile
I must Hoist again the canvas sail
And the harbour I leave
May it safe thee keep
May it rock you in it’s arms a sleep.

My black haired raven
My pirate queen
The brightest jewel
I’ve ever seen
My beacon of light on the stormy sea
Sail safely home again to me.

Spanish ships bring Spanish wine
Jewels and silkes and spices fine
And slaves as black as kilkenny stone
And yellow birds that sing alone
To you their cheerful merry note
To blush your cheeks
Like the poems I wrote
Of my undying love of thee
Of your smiles and songs that
captured me.

You’ve gained great fortune
From the Armada’s stricken fleet
I’ve laid them down before your feet
Gold and silver and precious Jewels
Armor undressed from the Sásanacht fools
But I’ve no time for wealth like this
For wealth me is in your kiss.

I’ll take the helm
And sail my boat
And waves they pound
Like the words I wrote
To explain the constant
Thumping pain
‘til buried in your arms
I’am yet again
The sky is blue
And land is near
And on my cheek a silver tear
Or maybe just some salt sea brine
To remind That 
once you were mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment